- 'Information Disclosure System' is a scheme of a public organization distributing or announcing the information that it created or obtained as part of its official business and is obligated to possess through specified procedures such as reading, copying and/or reproduction at the request of a citizen who is a consumer of the information. While the former is dubbed 'requested disclosure', the latter is called 'provision of information'.
Type of Disclosure
- Requested disclosure: It is a procedure for a public organization disclosing the information that it manages upon a request by an individual or individuals. (e.g., a request for reading and/or copying of official government documents etc.)
- Provision of information: It is a procedure for a public organization providing the information that it possesses voluntarily or as legally required. (e.g., provision of information through the Internet, distribution of published materials etc.)
Type of Information
- Information types by medium: They include paper-based information such as documents, pamphlets, reports, and statistics, and other types including pictures, maps, drawings, photos, films, microfilms, slide film, and computer-processed data.
- Information types by content: They include public documents such as legal documents, orders, notices, displays, petitions, and ordinary documents, and administrative publications such as investigation reports, research reports, statistic reports, white papers, and promotional materials.
As for general drafts, however, matters which haven't completed decision-making such as approval, and ordinary materials like various specialized books and popular culture books are not to be disclosed.
Information Disclosure Request
- Received by: (46079) Dept. of Operation Support, East Sea Fisheries Management Service, 638 Gijang Haean-ro, Gijang-gun, Busan
- TEL : 051-410-1011
Law No. 5242 (Dec. 31, 1996)
- Enforced Jan. 1, 1998.
Law No. 4734 (Jan. 7, 1994)
- Enforced Jan. 8, 1995.
Law No. 5241 (Dec. 31, 1996)
- Enforced Jan. 1, 1998.
|Purpose of legislation||To guarantee the public’s right to know and ensure transparency in state administration||To protect privacy and prevent breach of private rights and interests||To guarantee the public’s rights and interests and expand opportunities to participate in public administration|
|Information to be disclosed||All information in the possession of a public organization||Personal information||Information related to rights and obligations|
|Applicable organizations||Public organizations (state, municipalities, state-owned corporations etc.)||Public organizations (state, municipalities, state-owned corporations etc.)||Administrative agencies (state, municipalities, public groups etc.)|
|Eligible requester||Korean national/foreigner||Involved party||Stakeholder|